Fry’s Electronics have now added Y-cam to their extensive home electronics range, making it even easier for our US customers to come on board and protect their homes and businesses with cost effective security solutions.
Y-cam cameras are a great addition to Fry’s existing range, all ready supplying customers with home electronics, such as computers, laptops, cameras, televisions & home appliances. Our monitoring cameras will meet a new requirement for their customers, as well as supporting our existing customers with a new outlet.
Note: Fry’s will be stocking Y-cam Knight S, Black SD and Bullet White, with more lines to be added shortly.
Today is the day that we have been waiting for. Today we launch the latest addition to our HD range, the Bullet HD 1080; a feature-rich security camera that encompasses award winning Y-cam features, updated with 1080p high definition image quality, new simple CableConnect installation, intuitive UI and ONVIF compatibility.
The Bullet HD 1080 is a camera like no other, providing exceptional image quality in full 1080p high definition images with full resolution at 30 fps. The camera’s higher resolution and superior detail provide residential and small business users with the ability to see to greater distances with more precision than ever before.
- High definition 1080p video
- CableConnect Fully ONVIF compatible
- H.264 compression
- Wireless N compatibility
- True Day/Night vision
- Micro SD recording up to 32G
The Bullet HD 1080 encompasses a number of outstanding features as well as a few new additions. The most exciting edition to this camera is the resolution upgrade to 1080p at 30 fps; so you can now see further, wider and in more detail than with any other Y-cam camera. The camera will still run over your network via PoE, Ethernet and Wi-Fi wireless N.
Other than the resolution upgrade, the Bullet HD 1080 houses the new CableConnect which allows you to run one single cat5 cable to the rear of the camera which saves time and reduces the complexity and overall cost of the install.
We have also ensured that the Bullet HD 1080 is ONVIF compatible, allowing users the widest possible interoperability with 3rd party surveillance systems, regardless of the manufacturer. This feature will also provide future-proof resilience should systems need to be upgraded at a later date.
To round up the new features, this camera will also come with a new, revised UI, making it much easier to navigate.
In addition to all these amazing new add-ons, the Bullet HD 1080 encompasses all Y-cam’s renowned features, all of which are enhanced by the smaller, more compact IP66-rated graphite case measuring just 13cm, making the camera perfectly suited to both the SMB and residential market.
The Bullet HD 1080 is available now via our online shop, shop.y-cam.com, or via many of our online resellers and installers. For more infomation on our latest addition please see our dedicated product page at www.y-cam.com/y-cam-bullet-hd-1080.
And for a little teaser here is our announcement video:
Ensuring that your home or business is secure is crucial, and having the ability to know when anyone enters your home is a great peace of mind for many. However, a complete security solution, internal and external, would not only notify you of the act of intruding but also the moment when anyone steps onto your perimeter.
To help you prepare for external security and choosing the right product, we’ve put together a quick check list to consider when thinking about perimeter security.
1) Asses the area – Look at your property’s weak spots and where you want to be notified; this information will help create the right solution for you. By ensuring you’ve decided what it is you want you can have a clear checklist of how many cameras, style and features you need.
2) Make sure the camera fits the purpose – How far do you need the camera to see? Is it mainly for night or day time coverage? Does it need to work with any existing products? All valuable questions to make sure that you are purchasing the right camera.
3) Use up-to-date technology – By using the latest technology, like HD, Wi-Fi N and H.264, you can ensure that your equipment is reliable and appropriate for external security.
4) Go wireless – Wi-Fi security systems offer the flexibility needed for perimeter security along with cost saving, as there will be no need for tricky wiring. It can be highly unpractical to reach all the high-risk areas with an Ethernet cable, however if all you need is a power source getting to those hard to monitor places is much easier.
5) Use compatible products – Look at products that offer flexibility not only with installation, but with compatibility too. Cameras that can connect to your existing network and products will save you time and money in the long run. Look at operational, viewing and recording possibilities with each camera and ensure that they fit with your current or planned infrastructure.
These five quick fire tips are a great starting point when understanding and picking the right security solution for you. If you consider these you should be able to secure your home or business to the full extent without all the hassle. For more infomation on Y-cam external cameras visit our product page, www.y-cam.com/product-range.
We know that some of you have been waiting for this announcement for a while, so here it is – The Bullet HD is back in stock and available now with an amazing £100 price drop!
Our Bullet HD is an amazing external camera that offers true HD at a, now even more, affordable price. The camera provides outstanding image quality in 720p HD images with full resolution at 30FPS and comes with some outstanding features as standard, but don’t just take our word for it see what others have been saying.
- High Definition 720p video
- H.264 compression & AAC audio
- Wireless N compatibility
- True Day/Night vision
- Professional connectors
- Micro SD recording (up to 16gb)
- Direct iPhone & iPad viewing with audio (no app required!)
*Y-cam Bullet HD is available for £295 ex VAT.
As a number of councils are raising security budgets to protect inhabitants, others are slashing theirs. What are the possible effects this could have on the community?
Where councils are struggling with budgets, some are reacting by slashing their crime prevention CCTV cameras. This could have potentially dangerous effects, one that the Government is concerned about. One council that had initially spoke out about withdrawing their security budget today announced their plan to scrap this due to the potentially devastating consequences.
The BBC report on Cornwall County Council’s initial plans a few days ago, with Mr Dick Cliffe, Penzance Chamber of Commerce chairman, speaking out about the strain this action would cause:
“Businesses in the town centre are already under particular stress at the moment. You are talking about £10,000 to make this town centre a place where people feel comfortable during the day and in the evening.”
And it would seem that the local businesses and residence agree as an article just released by info4security announced that this action has now been scrapped with a unanimous vote that the CCTV should stay. If Cornwall, or any of the other councils do carry out their plans to drastically reduce their CCTV, do you think this will have a detrimental effect to communities?
For further infomation on CCTV and monitoring solutions continue reading ‘How Y-cam Helps Protect the Public’.